December 19, 2012

Waiting On: The Elite by Kiera Cass (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Elite (The Selection #2)
Author: Kiera Cass
Release Date: April 23rd, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


[Summary Source: Goodreads]
While I didn't LOVE the first one as much as I wanted to (read my review here), I did love Maxon and I really want to see what happens to him, at the very least. Also, based on the summary, it sounds like there's going to be more revolt-y stuff happening in the second installment, which should be exciting.

Not to mention, the cover is STUNNING, just like the cover of the first book. I like pretty things, so that 100% adds to my excitement over this book.


So what are YOU waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't read the first one, but I'm so tempted by the gorgeous covers and blurbs.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this one too. Idk why people said they didn't like it. It was a light fun read. I don't like that color of this cover though lol Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sound of this one but I haven't had the chance to read book one yet. I hope you enjoy reading this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!