November 8, 2013

So. Many. Series. (Part I)

Fact: I don't like coffee. I just like saying Coffee Clutch in my best and deepest New York accent. Considering I'm a New Yorker, I'm pretty freaking good at it. So I've got my tea and I hope you have your heated beverage of choice, because it's time to gab the day away.

This post (and it's Part II, which I'll be posting next Friday) is happening for a couple of reasons. 

1. Mel over at The Daily Prophecy wrote this post about all of her series. 
2. Which got me thinking about all of the series I've started and which I've dropped, which I have the next/last book but haven't read them yet, which I've completed, and which don't even have all of the books out yet.
3. So then I was sitting on the subway with my friend Jennifer (Novel Thoughts and ARCycling) and we started listing all the series we could think of that we've either started, dropped, have books on our shelves for, or are waiting on the next installment of.
4. Then we made it to my stop, I got off and I was still thinking about it. 
5. So even though it's mega late and this is not a good project for me to start, I'm going to make four categories and list all the series I can. 
6. Because I know you all care. 

Series I've Dropped
I don't have many of these. I like to finish what I start.
  • MATCHED by Allie Condie
  • THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS by Cassandra Clare (I read the first 3 but not the rest.)
  • THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS by Ann Brashares (I know, burn me at the stake. Whatever.)
  • THE PRINCESS DIARIES by Meg Cabot
  • THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA by C.S. Lewis (THERE ARE TOO MANY. I just can't.)
  • CREWEL WORLD by Gennifer Albin (but I still want to know what happens, so someone tell me.)
  • SACCADES TRILOGY by Courtney Eldridge 
  • DEFIANCE by C.J. Redwine
  • GUARDIANS OF TIME by Marianne Curley (I got super mad at this series back in the day. But they're still on my shelf. Mostly because I love Marianne Curley's book OLD MAGIC like it's my job. So.)
  • THE BURNING SKY by Sherry Thomas (This isn't a solid DNF because I want to know what happens but I didn't love the first and don't know if I care to go through the whole series.)
TOTAL: 10

Series of which I have the next/last book but haven't gotten to yet
BUT I DO INTEND TO GET TO. (More embarrassment.) I'm not including first books I have but haven't gotten to yet. Mostly because that's a really long list and I feel like you all don't care anymore.
  • THE FAERIE WAR CHRONICLES by Herbie Brennan
  • THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas
  • GRACELING REALM by Kristin Cashore
  • BURN FOR BURN by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
  • RIDERS OF THE APOCALYPSES by Jackie Morse Kessler
  • THE HEIR CHRONICLES by Cinda Williams Chima
  • DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
  • THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner
  • DAUGHTER OF THE LIONESS by Tamora Pierce (I know. I'm the worst Tamora Pierce fan ever.)
  • STRANGE ANGELS by Lili St. Crow
  • THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS by Rick Riordan
  • GEEK GIRL by Holly Smale
  • DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor
  • ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins (more companions *keeps singing Iconapop.)
  • MONUMENT 14 by Emmy Layborne
  • THE PARASOL PROTECTORATE by Gail Carriger 
  • JESSICA DARLING by Megan McCafferty
TOTAL: 17

Series I've Completed
I feel like there are more than I'm listing here, but Goodreads does not encompass my full reading history and I'm mostly going on what's on my shelves. Which is mostly old stuff I read as an actual teen. As you can tell, I was very into fantasy. (SPECIAL SHOUT TO ALL YOU PATRICIA C. WREDE FANS.)
  • HIS DARK MATERIALS by Philip Pullman
  • THE MEDIATOR by Meg Cabot
  • HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling
  • THE GODDESS TEST by Aimee Carter
  • FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS by Diana Peterfreund
  • THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
  • UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld
  • ABHORSEN by Garth Nix
  • ENCHANTED FOREST CHRONICLES by Patricia C. Wrede
  • THE CHEMICAL GARDEN TRILOGY by Lauren DeStefano
  • THE SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS by Lemony Snicket (But don't ask me what happened because I have no idea.)
  • PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS by Rick Riordan
  • LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R Tolkein
  • THE SONG OF THE LIONESS, IMMORTALS and PROTECTOR OF THE SMALL by Tamora Pierce
  • IF I STAY and JUST ONE DAY by Gayle Forman (I know these are companions but this is my list so I DON'T CARE, I LOVE IT, says Iconapop.)
TOTAL: 16

Series I'm up to date on and am (im)patiently waiting for the next installment of
This is basically this week's Top Ten Tuesday so I'll link you to that also. I had some typography fun with that one.
  • SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi
  • SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo
  • SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by Susan Dennard
  • SLATED by Teri Terry
  • UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi
  • THE LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer (And I will wait, I will wait for youuuuuu - love the on hiatus Mumford & Sons)
  • PUSHING THE LIMITS by Katie McGarry (Yeah. More companions. Also, TAKE ME ON comes out in, like, May. I'll just cry Justin Timberlake a river until then.)
  • THE WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS by Maggie Stiefvater (You're probs all like: "But Gaby, this one's DONE." To which I say: "THE COMPANION BOOK IS COMING, SINNERS." And now I sit here hoping you all got that reference.)
  • SERAPHINA by Rachel Hartman
  • TRUTH OR DARE by Jacqueline Green (I'm not sure how much I really need this one, but I'm a little addicted and I need to know what happens to these silly girls.)
  • LOCKWOOD AND CO. by Jonathan Stroud
  • FINISHING SCHOOL by Gail Carriger (Didn't LOVE book two, but I'm sticking with it because they're cute and I love Steampunk.)
  • THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater (I would have put this in my Top Ten Tuesday but there's no title yet and I just couldn't do it to myself. Although, I just did. So.)
  • MISS PEREGRINE by Ransom Riggs
TOTAL: 14

Okay. Lots of lists. But stay tuned for next week when I list all of the first books in series I have, just for kicks and giggles. And so you wise people can maybe advise me on what I should read and what I should just giveaway because ain't nobody got time for bad series that sound good.

Which of these series have you read? Which have you finished, which have you DNFed and which, of those I haven't finished, should I DNF? Also, are you also excited about those series with new books coming? TELL ME ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. (Please?)