March 19, 2014

Pick of the Week: Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens


Pick of the Week is a feature I started last week in an attempt to re-perk my interest in books that've either been over-hyped or their hype has long since faded since I'm so late to the game. Or it's just a book on my shelves that's been staring at me and I'm staring to feel a little guilty but I keep getting distracted for one reason or another.

All of that being said, I still haven't read last week's Pick of the Week - The Archived by Victoria Schwab. I meant to read it this past weekend but then something popped up and I had to drop everything I was doing to deal with it. BUT The Archived is my next read, so I guess I kind of won?

Anyway, this next pick of the week is a different genre but I similar heavy feel, I think. (Because I'm still not totally sure what The Archives is about - books? I don't know and I've even heard Victoria talk about it on a panel. But I hear it's amazing.) So yeah, I'm excited about last week's pick of the week and this one pictured below. ALSO: I'm pretty sure this'll be my next read after The Archived, so maybe by next week's Pick of the Week I'll be all caught up. (Or maybe you'll all be laughing at me. We'll see.

So, TL;DR, what's this week's Pick of the Week? (Because I'm really good at rambling, if you guys couldn't tell.)


So Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens is a recent release I was really excited about pre-pub but I lost track of time and my reading life's been really slow going recently so it just fell to the wayside. And I don't like that. So I'm sticking it in this feature to get myself excited again. Okay, brain? Be excited again. Especially because you'll be absorbing the information in this book shortly. 

What do you think of my Pick of the Week? Have you read it or did you get distracted by other things? Maybe you skipped it on purpose. Whatever the thought, I wanna hear it, so tell me all about it in the comments below.